CS 151: Complexity Theory (Spring 2017)
Instructor: Chris Umans
Office: Annenberg 311
Times: M/W 1:00-2:25 in Annenberg 314
TA: Chloe Hsu
- Tuesdays 2-3pm in Annenberg 311 (Chris)
- Tuesdays 10-11pm in Annenberg 121 (Chloe)
- Solution set 2 has been posted.
- Problem set 3 has been posted.
- Lecture 1: intro; languages, complexity classes, Turing Machines, reductions and completeness
- Lecture 2: time and space classes, hierarchy theorems, relationships between classes, padding and succinctness (ppt, pdf)
- Lecture 3: nondeterminism, NP- and NEXP- complete problems, NTIME hierarchy theorem, Ladner's Theorem (ppt, pdf)
- Lecture 4: unary languages and NP,
nondeterministic space classes, STCONN, Savitch's Theorem, I-S Theorem
- Lecture 5: nonuniformity and advice, NC hierarchy (ppt, pdf)
- Lecture 6: formula lower bound on Andreev function, Razborov's lower
bound on monotone circuits for clique (ppt, pdf)
- Here is a LaTeX template (tex, pdf)
that you can use for your writeups if you wish.