Homework & Lecture Slides
- Introduction to Discrete Differential Geometry (DDG) and Discrete Exterior Calculus (DEC) - lecture notes, homework assignments, and code for CS 177 (Discrete Differential Geometry), Fall 2011 at Caltech.
- Notes on differential geometry of curves and surfaces and discrete curvature flow from SGP 2012 Grad School.
- Discrete Differential Geometry (DDG) Homework Exercises - several sets of homework exercises I created for CS 177 at Caltech in Fall 2008.
- Importance Sampling for Monte Carlo Ray Tracing - 3/8/2006 CS419 (Advanced Graphics) at UIUC. Fundamental MCRT issues, importance sampling, multiple importance sampling, Metropolis-Hastings, resampled importance sampling, defensive sampling, rejection, inversion, the alias method
- GPU Algorithms - 5/30/2006 CMPS 160 (Introduction to Computer Graphics) at UC Santa Cruz. Cg, object- and tangent-space normal mapping, displacement mapping, "bumpy shiny," convolution, framebuffer objects. Briefly: fluid simulaion, ray tracing, fractals.
- Shaders - 2/13/2006 CS418 (Intro to Graphics) at UIUC. Basic intro to shaders, programmable shaders in Cg/OpenGL, texturing, parameterization, normal mapping, cube mapping, barycentric coordinates.