He Sun 孙赫
I am a postdoctoral researcher and Amazon AI4Science Fellow at Caltech CMS, working with Prof. Katie Bouman. I am also affiliated to the Event Horizon Telescope Collaboration for black hole imaging. My research focuses on computational imaging and adaptive optics, where multidisciplinary ideas, including optics, control, signal processing and machine learning, are applied.
I received my PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Princeton in 2019, advised by Prof. N. Jeremy Kasdin. My PhD thesis is about space telescope's adaptive optics system for high-contrast exoplanet imaging. I previously received my B.Eng. degree in Engineering Mechanics and B.A. degree in Economics from Peking University in 2014.
Adaptive Optics (AO)
Adaptive optics (AO), is a control system that removes the wavefront aberrations in telescope systems. It is very important in the large ground-based telescopes and the next-generation space telescopes (e.g. RST, Habex, LUVOIR) in order to achieve a high contrast for Earth-like exoplanets imaging. I work on the control algorithms
and the spectrograph
for space telescope AO.
Postdoctoral Researcher, California Institute of Technology
, Oct 2019 -
Research Intern, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL)
, Jun-Sep 2018
- Reviewer for J. Astron. Telesc. Instrum. Syst., Journal of Automatica Sinica, MDPI Sensors, ICASSP (2020, 2021)
- Member of the Committee on Caltech CMS Graduate Admissions, 2020-2021
- Member of the Priorities Committee (budgeting committee) of Princeton University, 2017-2018
- Guest lecturer, Data-Driven Algorithms Design (CS 159), Caltech, Spring 2020
- Guest lecturer, Computational Cameras (CS/EE166), Caltech, Spring 2020
- Teaching assistant, Automatic Control System (MAE433), Princeton, Fall 2018
- Teaching assistant, Introduction to Engineering Dynamics (MAE206), Princeton, Spring 2018
- Teaching assistant, Space Flight, Princeton (MAE341), Fall 2017
- Teaching assistant, Mathematics in Engineering (MAE305/MAT391), Princeton, Fall 2016
- Amazon AI4Science Fellowship, California Institute of Technology, 2020
- Best paper for observation technologies and systems, IEEE Aerospace Conference, 2019
- Britt and Eli Harari Fellowship, Princeton University, 2018
- SEAS Award for Excellence, Princeton University, 2017
- ExxonMobil Scholarship, Peking University, 2013
- Scholarships for Students in Japan, JASSO, 2013
- Boeing Scholarship, Peking University, 2012
Adaptive Optics and Spectroscopy
Astronomical Image Processing
Robot Motion Planning
Last updated: by He Sun.